Step 1:How to make a slip knot
1. In order to make a slip knot, take the yarn and make a loop folding the right side over the left side.
2. Using your thumb and index finger pull the yarn through the loop to form a knot.
3. Pull on the yarn on right side to make the knot smaller.
4. Take a needle in your right hand, insert it upwards through the knot and tighten it by keeping the working yarn secured in your right hand and pulling the end of the yarn with your left hand.
Step 2:How to cast on
1. Place the slip knot on the left needle and insert the point of the right needle into it.
2. Insert the tip of the right needle into the knot and cross it behind the left needle.
3. Holding the ball end of the yarn in the right hand, bring the yarn forward toward the tip of the right needle.
4. Take the yarn over the point of the right needle, then pull it back between the points of the 2 needles using your left index finger.
5. Draw the right needle back pulling the yarn through the slip knot on the left needle
6. Insert the right needle into the 2nd stitch through the front of the loop, hold onto the needles where they cross. Bring the yarn forward toward the tip of the right needle. Take the yarn over the point of the right needle, then pull it back between the points of the 2 needles using your left index finger.
7. Draw the loop through. Pull the loop out slightly and insert the tip of the left needle through the loop from right to left and withdraw the right needle.
8. Continue in this way casting on the required number of stitches.
Step 3:How to knit a row
1. Insert the tip of the right needle into the stitch on the left needle, from front to back.
2. Take the yarn in the right hand holding the needles where they cross, take the yarn forward to the tip of the right needle.
3. Wrap the yarn around the right needle from back to front.
4. Draw the tip of the right needle back pulling the looped yarn.
5. Slip the left hand stitch off the left needle. You have now completed a knit stitch.
Step 4:How to purl a row
1. Insert the tip of the right needle down and through the loop, then pull it up so it crosses in front of the left needle, from back to front.
2. Hold onto the needles where they cross with the left hand needle.
3. Take the yarn forward and wrap it behind the front right needle.
4. Draw the tip of the right needle back through the stitch on the left needle, together with the looped yarn.
5. Slip the original stitch off the left needle. You have now completed a purl stitch.
6. Repeat, in and up, round, down and off.
7. Complete the row purling each stitch.
Step 5:How to k2tog
1. In order to knit 2 stitches together to decrease take your right-hand needle and insert through the first 2 stitches from front to back.
2. Wrap the yarn around the right hand needle as in the knit stitch.
3. Pull the loop through knitting the 2 stitches together, then slip both stitches off the needle.
Step 6:How to work a slip slip knit (ssk)
In this how-to knit tutorial we'll teach you the SSK, or slip slip knit in three easy steps! The ssk is the neat method to decrease the number of stitches on your needle when knitting a row. As you learn how to knit, the slip slip knit is the perfect technique to achieve a left leaning decrease!
1. Slip two stitches knitwise, one after the other.
2. Slide the left hand needle into the front loops of the stitches.
3. Bring the yarn around the needle and knit.
Step 7:How to work the seed stitch
1. Row 1 - work alternate knit and purl stitches
2. Row 2 - knit the purl stitches and purl the knit stitches.
Step 8:How to knit a stockinette stitch
1. Knit alternate knit and purl rows.
2. Turn and work a row of purl stitches on the wrong side.
Step 9:How to knit garter stitch
1. Insert the needle into the stitch knitwise, bring the yarn around the needle.
2. Slide the needle underneath and through the stitch, slide it onto the right needle.
3. Repeat until the end of the row.
Step 10:How to bind off
1. Knit the first 2 stitches in the normal way.
2. Using the tip of the left needle, insert it into the front of the 1 stitch so the tip is pointing left to right.
3. Then pass the first stitch over the second stitch on the right needle and drop it off the needle.
4. Work the next stitch so there are 2 stitches on the right-hand needle.
5. Then using the tip of the left needle pass the previous stitch over it and off the right needle. Repeat to end of row until only 1 stitch remains.
6. Cut the yarn, then pull the cut length through the last stitch on the right needle and tighten.
Sorry, liked already!
09/19/2017Bento Bag Tutorial
lunch box bag
11/27/2017Weave Coaster with Fingers
Weave Coaster with Fingers
11/30/2017Cross Stitch Christmas Pendant DIY
Cross Stitch Christmas Pendant DIY
11/17/2017Modern Wall Hanging
Modern Wall Hanging helps you for an unique decoration.
11/24/2017Tassel Coin Purse
Tassel Coin Purse
11/18/2017How to Make a Dream Catcher
Handmade a dream catcher to catch your dream.